Peanut Butter Protein Blondies
I was in the mood for something sweet for dessert so I chose to take an exisiting recipe and modify it with the ingredients I had. These are supposed to mimic your typical blondies, a decadent dessert. Most of the ingredients I had on hand because it's just that simple, but I did make a few modifications.
Ingredients:
1 can drained and rinsed chickpeas
4 Egg whites
3 tbsp. Splenda (or sweetner of choice)
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
2 tsp. Vanilla extract
1/4 c. Natural Peanut Butter (Smucker's)
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 c. Oats
Directions:
Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 baking pan. Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas into the food processsor until completely mashed. Next, add the egg whites, splenda, protein powder, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla extract to the food processor. Lastly, add the peanut butter and let mix until completely blended.
After everything is well blended, move mixture into a bowl. Fold in the oats.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes

No comments:
Post a Comment